Are you looking for a job in an environment where cutting edge technology developments take place in markets like for example the semicon, medical and printing industry?
SYSTEM ARCHITECT MECHATRONICS
OUR POSITION HAS
- A diversity of multidisciplinary high-tech projects
- The freedom to come up with original, creative solutions
- Product development from idea to functional product
- International cooperation with customers and sister companies
- Varied activities due to a diversity in technologies, markets and projects
- A direct collaboration with customer and partners
- Personal commitment, involvement and expertise with highly trained technical specialists/ colleagues divided over different disciplines like physics, mechanics, electrical / electronics, optics and software.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AT SIOUX?
The foundation of our projects is mechanical, but the systems are set in motion by electrical engineering. The energy for the actuators often must be dosed very precisely and the currents must not cause interference with the (direct) environment and certainly not with the sensitive sensors. You are ultimately responsible for the electrical layout of a system or product. This means that you can indicate in headlines whether the chosen components (including specially developed electronic subsystems) together will deliver the intended functionality. In your role you are not only close to the implementation form of the controller, but you are also able to indicate the broad outline of the required software. You regularly work with embedded software engineers and practice model-bases system engineering using advanced tooling.
HOW DOES OUR DEPARTMENT LOOK?
The Mechatronics department consists of 40 experts within disciplines such as mechanics, electronics, (opto) physics and (embedded) software. They contribute to the development of systems put to use for example in the semiconductor, healthcare and industrial printing industry. In our projects our mechatronic specialists have leading technical responsibilities in the development processes. In close corporation with our customers the department is able to make a system design specification. And in succession they then translate this into technical interpretations for each discipline and/ or detailed purchasing requirements for suppliers and/ or co-developers. The department uses advanced design tools such as NX, Teamcenter, MathWorks, 20-SIM, Zemax, Altium. In the product creation process, “Model Based System Engineering” is chosen as much as possible. Furthermore, (advanced) control technology plays a central part in many of our projects.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a new colleague who has:
- A completed academic education in mechatronics, preferably with a pre educational base in electrical engineering with a broadening in adjacent mechanical-dynamic, optical and software disciplines
- At least 5 years of experience in multidisciplinary product development
- Good communicative skills
- Interest and preferably experience with model-based system engineering
- A broad technological view and (preferably a lot of) experience in control technology
- A customer and solution-oriented approach