Your role is to drive the development and realization of our innovative implantable medical device. As the lead engineer for our implantable device, you will develop the solution from early prototypes through the final stages of product verification and validation.
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Salvia is a young innovative start-up company active in the emerging field of “BioElectronics” that is inspired by biology and electronics to provide innovative therapeutic solutions. The name Salvia is derived from the Latin word salvere, which means “to stay healthy”. We are driven to deliver bioelectronic solutions that restore health for people suffering from severe neurologic disorders; our ambition is to make these novel therapies widely accessible. Our team consists of experienced entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with diverse professional backgrounds and proven track-record throughout the medical device industry (Sapiens, Medtronic, Philips, St Jude, BioSensors International, Kyphon, etc).
WHAT ARE BIOELECTRONICS?
The human body is controlled by patterns of electrical impulses transmitted through nerve fibers. In chronic disease, these electrical patterns are different. Bioelectronics are smart implantable devices that use mild electrical impulses to influence nerve activity. Electrical stimulation is nothing new – cardiac pacemakers have been in use for decades – but scientists are just beginning to realize the possibilities of regulating nerve signals to actually treat disease.
Your role is to drive the development and realization of our innovative implantable medical device. As the lead engineer for our implantable device, you will develop the solution from early prototypes through the final stages of product verification and validation. You will closely interact with our suppliers and development partners to eliminate technology risks and transfer the solution to manufacturing. As part of our multi- disciplinary Product Development Team, you will analyze system needs, determine product requirements and define test methods. You realize that quality is of paramount importance and you are motivated to deliver solutions that truly stand out.
Lead the design, development, test and design-transfer of our implantable device.
- Actively participate in our multi-disciplinary technical team during all phases of the product development process, from idea creation through to transfer to manufacturing.
- Define product requirements, identify and resolve technical issues.
- Drive external development teams and collaborate with our knowledge partners.
- Liaison with manufacturing suppliers to ensure feasibility, design for manufacturing, reliability and cost effectiveness
- Manage the creation of component and assembly drawings, maintain all design documentation.
- Coordinate building of prototypes at different product development stages
- Support validation requirement definition and execution (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Establish design verification protocols and drive the corresponding testing efforts.
- Interface with cross-functional team members in the areas of quality, manufacturing, marketing, clinical and regulatory to bring the product from concept to production.
- BSc or MSc in mechanical engineering, or an equivalent discipline
- At least 5 years of industry experience in a product development or engineering role
- An entrepreneurial mindset, taking ownership
- Good communication skills
- Experience with the development of class III active implantable medical devices is preferred, e.g. pacemakers, neurostimulators, cochlear implants, electronic pills, retinal implants