As Software Engineer, you design and develop innovative software based on the modular architecture and a comprehensive roadmap.
Software Engineer (32-40hrs)
Join the pioneers of PhotonFirst
Since 2006 PhotonFirst (formerly Technobis) is pioneering in the research, development, engineering and production of Integrated Photonics Sensing modules and systems for a broad range of critical applications in aerospace, medical equipment, mobility, energy, and high-tech systems. Since January 1st, 2021, the photonics activities have been carved out to prepare for a fast growth to a leading worldwide position in its field.
Your tasks & responsibilities are broad
PhotonFirst is an innovative, pioneering company in integrated photonic sensing, with a technology that is unlocking the power of the photon in a wide range of applications. You will be part of our small and enthusiastic software development team. As Software Engineer, you design and develop innovative software based on
the modular architecture and a comprehensive roadmap. You are responsible for the development of software from user requirements, to final release. You’re part of
the entire development trajectory, from start to end, with the freedom to incorporate your own ideas. You are a back-end developer and have affinity with and knowledge of front-end design.
You are a team player, and take ownership of projects assigned to you. The development and engineering team works hand-in-hand with the research and
application development teams to come to an innovative and high-quality solution for the end-customer.
Direct reporting line
The Software Engineer reports to the Team Lead Development & Engineering.
• University of applied science (HBO) degree in software engineering or (technical) computer science.
• You have 5 or more years of experience as a software engineer or developer
• You are an experienced C and C++ programmer
• Knowledge of Python
• Analytically skilled, you have the ability to translate complex user stories into asoftware design
• You have experience with a professional software development environment: structured and modular development, automated (unit) testing, change control, automated pipelines and release management
• Knowledge of documentation: coding standards, commentary, version management
• Affinity with electronics
• Excellent communicator in English, both verbally, in writing and presenting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of VHDL and QT
• Knowledge of low-level programming
• Knowledge of Matlab, Labview
• Electrical engineering background
• Experience with AS9100 or ISO13485
Since this is a new job in a fast-growing company, we prefer a full-time commitment but 32 hours is an option. You work from our Alkmaar headquarters.
PhotonFirst is a young and maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
• Passionate team player taking ownership
• Open, straight, result driven and can-do mentality
• Pioneering, creative, flexible, and entrepreneurial
• Perseverant, professional, and well structured
• Friendly & ‘fun to work with’
Please send your resumé and motivation letter to HR: email@example.com