As (senior) Product Manager, you develop a compelling and competitive proposition based on the modular architecture and a comprehensive product roadmap for the next 5 years.
(Senior) Product Manager (32-40hrs)
Join the pioneers of PhotonFirst
Since 2006 PhotonFirst (formerly Technobis) is pioneering in the research, development, engineering and production of Integrated Photonics Sensing modules and systems for a broad range of critical applications in aerospace, medical equipment, mobility, energy, and high-tech systems. Since January 1st, 2021, the photonics activities have been carved out to prepare for a fast growth to a leading worldwide position in its field. In order to enable for this growth, the vast number of systems that have been developed for a broad range of applications over the last 15 years, need to be translated into a comprehensive product catalogue based on our modular architecture.
You own the Product Roadmap and Proposition
In the early days of integrated photonics sensing, systems were based on in-depth research and development and manufactured as dedicated products. Main use of our systems can be found in monitoring the use, load or state of technical systems, industrial IoT like sensing or data generation for predictive or preventive maintenance. Since the market is maturing and to catalyze the required tailored implementation, we are productizing the modular architecture into a configurable system application suite.
As (senior) Product Manager, you develop a compelling and competitive proposition based on the modular architecture and a comprehensive product roadmap for the next 5 years. Based on detailed understanding of the business cases of leading OEMs in various demanding end-markets like aerospace, automotive and high-tech systems and manufacturing, you define a clear measurement solution that allows the customer to increase its product performance or broaden its offering.
Your tasks & responsibilities are broad
• Organize market intelligence and a continuous dialogue with our (potential) customers to have the latest insights in (end-)market developments and customer roadmaps
• Represent the voice of the customer in technology and product development, you own the User Requirement Specification (URS) for our building blocks catalogue
• Design, develop and update a digital (twin) configurator to allow the sales team to easily identify the customer requirements and the applications team to rapidly configure the customized solution based on the standard modular building blocks
• Compose a competitive product planning and roadmap that allows PhotonFirst to capitalize on its 15-year heritage and experience and grow fast towards their envisaged innovation leadership position
• Provide professional content to the marketing team on winning business cases and applications, write white papers and present at conferences, support commercial colleagues on customer presentations and input to R&D program proposals
Direct reporting line
The (senior) Product Manager will report to the CEO
• Master or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Physics, Technical Business Administration or similar
• You have 5-10 years of successful experience as a Strategy or Technology Consultant or Technical Product Manager in an industrial company
• Demonstrable track record in managing new product introductions from concept and business case, to design, proto or demonstrator production, testing, forecasting, costing, series production, promotion and support is preferred
• Experience in managing, planning and implementing product marketing activities (white papers, presentations, etc.)
• Ability to balance interests of multiple external (strategic partners, suppliers, customers, etc.) and internal stakeholders while collecting requirements and shaping the product specifications and proposition
• Excellent communicator in English, verbally, in writing and presenting. Can make complex topics simple, easy to understand without technical background and commercially attractive
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Since this is a new job in a fast-growing company, we prefer a full-time commitment, but 32 hours is an option. You can work either from our Alkmaar headquarters or the Eindhoven satellite office with regular visits to Alkmaar.
PhotonFirst is a young and maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
• Passionate team player taking ownership
• Open, straight, result driven and can-do mentality
• Pioneering, creative, flexible, and entrepreneurial
• Perseverant, professional, and well structured
• Friendly & ‘fun to work with’
Please send your resumé and motivation letter to HR: firstname.lastname@example.org