As internal sales, you provide relevant background information, draft presentations and proposals, collect answers to the questions customers might have and schedule meetings. For smaller opportunities and webshop purchases, you are in charge to drive smooth delivery and customer success.
Join the pioneers of PhotonFirst Since 2006 PhotonFirst (formerly Technobis) is pioneering in the research, development, engineering and production of Integrated Photonics Sensing modules and systems for a broad range of critical applications in aerospace, medical equipment, mobility, energy, and high-tech systems. Since January 1st, 2021, the photonics activities have been carved out to prepare for a fast growth to a leading worldwide position in its field, supported by our main shareholder Active Capital Company (PE). In order to enable this growth, PhotonFirst is looking for a wellorganized and service-oriented Sales Engineer with a technical passion to support our Sales Managers win large contracts and provide a direct contact for all commercial customer questions.
You allow our Sales Managers to excel and customers to feel at home
In PhotonFirst, the Sales Engineers are the backbone of the Sales team. While the (Technical) Sales Managers are working the market to win new customers, you will make sure they can rely on you. As internal sales, you provide relevant background information, draft presentations and proposals, collect answers to the questions customers might have and schedule meetings. For smaller opportunities and webshop purchases, you are in charge to drive smooth delivery and customer success. When customers have complaints or products show defects, you coordinate between the teams to allow the customer to have one single point of contact. Customer satisfaction of repeat customers, is your main KPI to monitor and continuously improve.
Your tasks & responsibilities are broad
• Generating deep understanding of the integrated photonics sensing technology, its applications and business cases to help in writing winning use cases, you can make a complex solution easy to understand
• Assisting in drafting sales pitches and business cases linking customer challenges to our value creating solutions
• Scouting of new opportunities and following-up leads from in- and outbound marketing activities, making quotes and proposals, closing medium and small sales opportunities
• Preparing large OEM opportunities together with the (Technical) Sales Manager and Account Managers, scheduling demonstrations, planning visits, making sure (potential) customers feel at home
• Documenting and timely reporting your activities, progress and results while teaming up other colleagues to increase customer success and satisfaction
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and performing market research.
Direct reporting line
The Sales Engineer will report to the Director Sales
Relevant requirements regarding knowledge and experience
• Bachelor in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Physics, Technical Business Administration or similar
• You have at least 3 years of experience in commercial B2B roles in industrial companies, of which minimum 1 year in a comparable internal sales role
• Experience in large contract (EUR 1M+) sales to industrial OEMs in similar markets as PhotonFirst (B2B, 1st or 2nd tier supplier in high-tech industry)
• Structured way of working and excellent time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent communicator in English, both verbally, in writing and presenting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) as well as common CRM systems
This is a job in a fast growing company. We prefer a fulltime commitment but we are open to 32-36hrs as well. You can work either from our Alkmaar headquarters or at the Eindhoven satellite office with regular visits to Alkmaar.
PhotonFirst is a young and maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
• Passionate team player taking ownership
• Open, straight, result driven and can-do mentality
• Pioneering, creative, flexible, and entrepreneurial
• Perseverant, professional, and well structured
• Friendly & ‘fun to work with’
Contact us to learn more
Please contact our HR&O Manager, Sjoukje Blom (email@example.com) to learn more about this exciting job in one of The Netherlands’ most promising deep-tech companies.