As a System Architect you are part of the introduction of new modules that push the boundaries of technology. Operating within the department Development & Engineering you are the linking pin to the NTS Norma manufacturing environment.
Why are we looking for you
Within our Development & Engineering division, we are looking for a System Architect at the Hengelo location to expand our team. As a System Architect you are part of the introduction of new modules that push the boundaries of technology. Operating within the department Development & Engineering you are the linking pin to the NTS Norma manufacturing environment.
What will you be doing
- You are involved in the acquisition phase of projects (semicon, industrial systems, and health-care) and team up with an Account manager and a Project manager in which you are responsible for the technical contribution.
- You are the main technical liaison between customer and project teamIn close cooperation with the account manager and project manager you steer the project team, set the requirements and conceive new advanced system architectures that translates into high-level mechatronics designs and best-in-class solutions
- You are responsible for the technical content in the execution phase of the project and define the work-breakdown-structure in cooperation with the project manager
- You are end-responsible for a consistent system design (multidisciplinary domains) on all aspects that meets the functional specifications of our customers within the boundaries of overall cost, timing and quality. Therefore you actively delegate specialized aspects to your engineering colleagues and fellow system architects, that are not in your own knowledge domain
- You manage that the system is prototyped according the functional specifications
- You are responsible for the technical aspects regarding prototype integration including validation and verification activities
- Create and present the technical proposals (kick-off, system specifications, design reviews and integration plans amongst others) to technical management, colleagues and customers
- Team up with our manufacturing and assembly groups to ensure that the product being developed can be manufactured and tested according its customer requirements regarding first pass yield, cycle time and costs
- Represent NTS at customers, conferences, fairs and universities
- Stay up-to-date about the latest developments in your area of expertise
- You are a key contributor to or owner of technology and competence roadmaps
What skill do you have
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanics, Physics or similar)
- At least five year experience in systems design, preferably in a multidisciplinary high-tech context either in Research or Industry.
- Interested in and up-to-date knowledge of State-of-the-Art mechatronics, product and process level technologies
- Experience with (opto-)mechatronic systems is highly preferred
- Experience with development of precision modules, vacuum technology and design for cleanliness is a preference
- Experience with leading a group of professionals
- Interested in coaching juniors
- Well-developed communication skills and sensitive to group dynamics
- A pragmatic can-do attitude
- Robust personality, able to deal with multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- You know how to convey complex topics in an understandable, pleasant and convincing fashion
- Determined but with an open mind to receive insights from others
- Leadership skills and sensitive to stakeholders interest
- Proficient in Dutch and English language
What do we offer
NTS offers the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic international business with a leading market position and an engaging project portfolio for various customers in the high tech, semiconductor, life-sciences, printing markets. At NTS we highly value our employees: we actively invest in your technical and personal development, while your expertise, energy and commitment is appreciated by means of a competitive full benefit package.
What can you expect
This is your opportunity to be involved in state-of-the-art technology together with competent and enthusiastic colleagues and ambitious high tech customers in a pleasant working environment. Our organization has a characteristically informal and friendly atmosphere and our staff looks out for each other. Drive, entrepreneurial spirit, a results-focused mind-mind set and striving to be the best, are what we aim for in everything that we make and do.
Interested? Please apply via our website.
You will be working at one of the leading first-tier suppliers in high-tech. You are passionate about and committed to your specialization, just like our other colleagues. In return for your passion and enthusiasm, we will provide you with chances and opportunities to grow further in your career.
You like to work on projects which contribute to the technology of the future. We make sure to connect challenging projects and activities to your knowledge and competences in the best possible way. That’s how we accelerate the future for you and our customers.
You are motivated to take professional and competence oriented courses, in order to keep developing your knowledge and skills in the field of innovation, creativity, talent development and entrepreneurship.