You will be developing the next-generation equipment connectivity software that drives the production in Nexperia’s back-end facilities in the APAC area.
Principal Software Engineer, Test Equipment
About the role
You will be developing the next-generation equipment connectivity software that drives the production in Nexperia’s back-end facilities in the APAC area. We aim for the lights-off factory where all machines are controlled in a fully automatic fashion so that they can operate in complete darkness. The first step on this journey is to connect the currently under-automated equipment types.
What you will do
- Requirements engineering: Our strong point is that we have deep relations with our customers using our automation software
- Software design: Taking the requirements and integrating them into the existing architectures
- Software development: Our code base is more than 2M LoC and ranges from application software (Windows UI programming, custom compiler software, decision making engine), via Web server software (SOAP, REST, HTML/CSS/JS) to the integration with higher-level manufacturing systems (SOAP, JMS)
- Software testing and reviewing: Several safety-nets guarantee the quality of our software to match the requirements for a control software that controls equipment producing for the automotive industry
- Documentation: Next to user manuals, can you write self-documenting code?
- Support improvements in the way of working for software, i.e. introduction of new tools (like moving from SVN to Git) or methods (e.g. pair-programming)
What you will need
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Computer Science or comparable.
- Solid experience in software engineering.
- Procedural and OO programming
- Network-programming (OSI-model); SECS/GEM is a plus
- Win32 API (Threading, UI, Networking)
- Interprocess communication on multiple levels, e.g. SOAP (WSDL), JMS
- Ada programming language is a plus
- Solid experience in unit-, system-, and integration testing
- Knowledge in an xUnit-based framework, Aunit is a plus
- TMMi is a plus
- Experience with software code quality analysis, like test coverage, static analyzers (linters) Basic knowledge in statistics and control systems
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Proven experience with semiconductor assembly equipment is a plus
- Intercultural awareness and ability to work in international teams.
Tools / technologies that we use
- Make / GCC based build procedure
- SVN and Git for revision control
- Jenkins for build and test automation
- JIRA for issue tracking
- Confluence for documentation
- Crucible / FishEye for code reviews
- Sonarqube / Neo4j for code analysis
- A challenging company culture where your initiatives, feedback and ideas matter.
- We offer extensive learning and future career opportunities where you can grow either on the technical ladder, project management ladder or line management ladder.
- An opportunity where you can be part of the exciting journey that ITEC is undertaking in becoming a world leader in semiconductor assembly equipment and automation solutions.
Talent acquisition based on ITEC vacancies is not appreciated. ITEC job adverts are ITEC copyright © material and the word ITEC® is a registered trademark.
ITEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.