A System Architect needs to be a good communicator and problem solver, because he or she is in charge of the development of a system architecture.
Mechatronic System Architect
About the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechatronic expertise in our dynamic R&D department, to transfer knowledge and to expand your competence? Do you want to be part of an organization that focuses on state-of-the-art technological innovations and consists of multidisciplinary teams and do you want to see how your design is being realized in the same building? Then the job of a Mechatronic System Architect at IMS is the perfect next step!
The System Architect’s decisions can make or break a product. A System Architect needs to be a good communicator and problem solver, because he or she is in charge of the development of a system architecture. Experience is an important factor, but the system architect can also learn a lot from his peers. Exchanging lessons learned from successful and failed development cases is invaluable to sharpen his/her mind. As Mechanical system architect you are responsible for creating a technically consistent system design. In close cooperation with the R&D project leader, R&D Engineers and colleagues from other disciplines you ensure that all stakeholder requirements are met and translated into a systems architecture. You are responsible for achieving the system level goals of our next generation products and technologies. You are responsible for decisions made on system level. You work on the multidisciplinary system concept and the relations/ cohesion between disciplines and can technically coordinate technology and product development projects. You are also responsible for knowledge transfer and where possible, you also ensure that the R&D group reaches a higher level. In this respect, there is plenty of room for your own input of ideas (including new ones).
- Graduated from a technical university where you studied System & Controls or Mechanical
Engineering with specialization in Mechatronics.
- At least 5 –10 years of experience in the automotive/ medical/ semicon industry.
- Experience as a lead engineer or system architect is preferred.
- You are capable of leading a team and work well in collaboration with customers and stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (in Dutch and English).
- Technical leadership: as a generalist, you provide direction to technical project teams.
- You can create something from nothing.
- You think abstractly.
- You communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and with all disciplines.
- You have a clear and structured method of reporting.
- You build up and maintain networks in the internal organization as well as outside of it.
- You are capable of challenging others to come up with even better ideas.
What we offer
- A varied job in an innovative, dynamic working environment where you get the opportunity to be really involved in the project from A to Z.
- Always a challenge to find precisely that technical solution that others cannot find.
- Room for personal and professional development.
- An engaged group of colleagues who want to make it happen together.
- E-mail address:
- Phone number: