In the software team, you will take care of clear specifications of the required functionality, from which you will develop robust software solutions with the team.
Software Development Engineer (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment industries.
Additive Industries is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join the software development team. Additive Industries successfully launched their industrial metal Additive Manufacturing system, the MetalFAB1. In our multidisciplinary team, you will play an important role in the development of our 3D metal printer. You will be involved in this development from concept until final realization of the system through successful cooperation within the team.
In the software team, you will take care of clear specifications of the required functionality, from which you will develop robust software solutions with the team. You will document design choices and communicate them with your colleagues. Your focus should be on quality of deliverables.
Parts of the 3D metal printer are developed by external parties. The final integration and verification of the 3D metal printer will be done by Additive Industries. Your responsibility involves integration and testing of the software modules you developed. Writing documentation of software requirements, design and tests is part of your job.
The main ingredients for a successful performance are:
- Design and realization of robust software,
- Taking care of integration and testing of machine control software,
- Technical responsibility for one or more software components,
- Coaching junior team members,
- Bringing a positive energy in the team,
- Being communicative, both to technical engineers and non-technical audience,
- Bearing responsibility of documenting requirements, designs and tests,
- Develop applications for test setups or tooling.
The Software Development Engineer will report to the team lead of the software team.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master in a relevant technical field, for example Embedded Systems, (Applied) Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating and implementing machine software or complex applications in a technical environment,
- Good knowledge and experience with C#, C++, .NET, WPF,
- Familiar with development of Microsoft Windows applications,
- Good knowledge of OO and UML,
- Experience with automated SW tests,
- Experience with version control systems,
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC TwinCAT3 is a plus.
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven,
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial,
- Proven team player who takes ownership,
- Professional and structured,
- Agile Mindset.
Acquisition by (recruitment) agencies is not appreciated.