In this multidisciplinary team, you support the development programs running to enable continuous process improvement, new material development, and customer applications projects by operating and maintaining the MetalFAB1 systems located in the Additive Industries Eindhoven HQ.
Additive Manufacturing Technician (NL)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and a seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology, and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for an Additive Manufacturing Technician to join the Additive Industries process and application development team in Eindhoven, NL. In this multidisciplinary team, you support the development programs running to enable continuous process improvement, new material development, and customer applications projects by operating and maintaining the MetalFAB1 systems located in the Additive Industries Eindhoven HQ.
Additive Industries successfully launched their industrial metal Additive Manufacturing system, the MetalFAB1. To support our customers, we develop the process parameters for various materials, new applications, and provide solutions for simulation and process monitoring of the AM process.
You will gain a fundamental understanding of the operation of the MetalFAB1, being hands-on with the system, along carrying out regular maintenance and calibration tasks to ensure the system continuously produces high-quality components and test samples. You will communicate regularly with the customer lifecycle support (CLS) team to troubleshoot and execute critical tasks and work closely day to day with the process and application engineers in HQ. You will also execute some prints for our colleagues from sales and from the process and application development center in the UK.
Further to this, you will also support the development activities being carried out both with the in-house laboratory equipment and through sub-contract operations, as well as liaising with sub-contract companies to arrange specific heat treatments, component machining, and other post-process operations whilst also maintaining and managing internal stock controls.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Operating the 3D metal printer to produce high-quality samples and products
- Performing system maintenance and calibration
- Operating lab equipment and generating test reports
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Managing internal stock control and consumables
- Documenting all production, test, and maintenance activities
The Additive Manufacturing Technician reports to the Manager Process and Application Development (NL)
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or MBO level-4 within mechanical engineering or machining techniques
- 0-3 years work experience, preferably in 3D metal printing
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Willingness to grow and learn
- Analytically strong and systematic problem-solving mentality
- Hands-on experience with additive manufacturing processes is a plus
- Fluent in English
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organisation. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organisation. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result-driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’