We are looking for a Production Engineer to support the Additive Industries’ Operations team. As a production engineer, you play a vital role in the production and quality improvement of the MetalFAB1 system.
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFAB1 has been well received in the market. We are looking for a Production Engineer to support the Additive Industries’ Operations team. As a production engineer, you play a vital role in the production and quality improvement of the MetalFAB1 system. You are a member of a team of Production Engineers and you own a specific part of the manufacturing process of a MetalFAB1 system. You are responsible for module acceptance at suppliers and a smooth system assembly and testing process at Additive Industries’ production site. For new products and product changes you are participating in the product development process. You support the System Testers with problem solving in case of quality issues in the production process.
To improve production efficiency and quality you are setting up production sequences in combination with operational procedures and work instructions. Furthermore, you are defining requirements for the Development team and lead quality improvement actions with Development and external (sub-)module suppliers. You also responsible for implementation of engineering changes in the manufacturing process and at suppliers.
All activities should lead to an efficient production of MetalFAB1 systems for series production with high reproducibility and quality.
An important aspect of your role is to identify issues in the supply chain from suppliers to system assembly to system testing (Factory Acceptance Test). The goal is to minimize the re-occurrence of issues by implementing solutions at the right stage of the production process. This should not only lead to a high system reproducibility and quality, but also lead to a shorter cycle time of the MetalFAB1 system production.
The ingredients for a successful performance are:
- Define module and system test protocols
- Hands-on manufacturing support for new products
- Support system testers with troubleshooting of quality issues
- Define and refine production sequences to optimize towards reproducibility and quality.
- Create processes and work instructions for production steps.
- Manage production tooling (quality, availability, completeness) located both in-house and at external suppliers
- Implement engineering changes in production
- Give feedback of production related issues to R&D teams and (external) suppliers
- Train System Testers and Customer Lifecycle Support Engineers
The Production Engineer reports to the Director Operations & Supply Chain.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar
- Able to work both at a conceptual and detailed level
- Analytical and structured approach
- At least 3-5 years of experience in production environment of complex mechatronic modules and/or systems
- Write procedures and define production sequences used in production (in English)
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies (like 8D analysis, 6S) would be an advantage
- Knowledge in the area of software would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience of complete system assembly
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Preferred start date according to our hiring agenda: January 2020