The Product Manager is responsible for the product requirements, technical specifications, new function & feature identification as well as marketing materials for the MetalFAB1 systems, related accessories and services. You are interviewing potential and existing customers, compare this with (desk) research and competitor product contrasting studies to define the product roadmap and documentation.
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for a Product Manager to join the Commercial team. Additive Industries successfully launched their industrial metal Additive Manufacturing system, the MetalFAB1. The Product Manager is responsible for the product requirements, technical specifications, new function & feature identification as well as marketing materials for the MetalFAB1 systems, related accessories and services. You are interviewing potential and existing customers, compare this with (desk) research and competitor product contrasting studies to define the product roadmap and documentation. With a true technical understanding of our products and genuine interest in its applications you generate commercial texts for marketing and write business cases for our key markets like aerospace, automotive, medical implants and high tech parts.
You will be a member of the global marketing and sales team collaborating on overall marketing plans for our industrial additive manufacturing solutions.
The main ingredients for a successful performance are:
- Drive and execute market intelligence and competitor analysis (products, positions, pricing, etc)
- Interview (potential) customers for product evaluation and requirements definition
- Develop product positioning, service offerings and communication strategy
- Develop long term Product roadmap as input for the R&D team
- Assist Marketing in content generation and product documentation
- Evaluate and monitor product performance to define product improvements and scout new product concepts opportunities
- Represent Additive Industries at tradeshows
- Find relevant Award contests and write winning applications
- Ownership of ‘Additive Industries Masters’ customer days
- Obtains product market share by working with sales team to develop product sales strategies
- Writing business cases, white papers and testimonials
The Product Manager will report to the CEO in his role as Head of Marketing & Sales
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor of Master in Industrial Engineering & Management, Business Administration, Innovation Management or similar with a technology focus
- Bachelor or Master degree required with 5 – 7 years of successful and proven experience in a product manager position
- A manufacturing or technical background and/or new product introduction experience in an industrial business is essential
- Strong communicator, analytical and entrepreneurial personality
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in using a wide range of modern techniques and concepts, digital and offline marketing tactics
- Excellent writing skills
- Fluent English. German & Dutch (preferred),
- Position will require 20% – 25% travel
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’
Although we invite you to respond now and our hiring agenda is flexible, we are aiming to have this position filled ultimately by July 2019.