You will be driving the production related activities from the Process & Application Development (P&AD) team. You will organize a lean production facility on the fleet of Metalfab1s with the help of our AM technician.
AM Production Engineer with Project Management Skills (Eindhoven)
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular additive manufacturing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is looking for an AM Production Engineer with project management skills to join our Process & Application Development (P&AD) team in Eindhoven. Additive Industries successfully launched their industrial metal Additive Manufacturing system, the MetalFAB1. To support our customers, P&AD develop the print process for different materials and new applications, and provide solutions for print process simulation, monitoring and control. The team is also in close contact with our customers to assist and train in process and application development. We support our customers from design of the application until a post-processed product.
You will be driving the production related activities from the Process & Application Development (P&AD) team. You will organize a lean production facility on the fleet of Metalfab1s with the help of our AM technician. You will operate in the interface of P&AD and our colleagues from the sales team acting as ‘project manager’ of sales’ requests ensuring timely production within budget of printed parts to prove the industrial potential of the MetalFAB1 system to potential customers. You will plan and request resources to the P&AD manager, prepare budgets, monitor progress, report, coordinate activities with 3rdparties and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. Continuous improvement is natural to you, and you strive for making your activities in an efficient way and according to high quality standards.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Setting up a lean production facility on the fleet of Metalfab1s
- Project management of sale requests
- Manage expectations of stakeholders
- Propose process improvements, report encountered issues and propose possible solutions
- Stress resilient and used to work under tight deadlines
- Strong personality
- Customer oriented
The AM Production Engineer reports to the Process & Application Development Manager in Eindhoven
Knowledge and experience
- Master degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, material engineering, applied physics, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as AM production engineer or production manager/lead/coordinator in an industrial environment, service bureau.
- Coordination/planning of multiple equipment on a factory floor
- Coordination of a small group of technicians is a plus
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with laser powder bed fusion is a plus
- A keen eye for detail
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Customer oriented
- Stress resilient and working under tight deadlines
- Team player able to relate well with people
- Fluent in English
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work