As an Additive Manufacturing Equipment Engineer you are responsible that the MetalFAB1 operates non-stop. This means that you maintain a detailed day to day planning to ensure maximum occupancy.
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
We are looking for an Additive Manufacturing Equipment Engineer to support the Additive Industries’ Process & Application Development team. The Additive Manufacturing Equipment Engineer plays a key role in our production facility, that includes the MetalFAB1 systems. You will be involved from job preparation, execution of print jobs, to finished parts.
As an Additive Manufacturing Equipment Engineer you are responsible that the MetalFAB1 operates non-stop. This means that you maintain a detailed day to day planning to ensure maximum occupancy. That operation of the equipment is executed in a structured way according work instructions. You make sure that powder, consumables and spare parts are always sufficiently on stock. Furthermore, you carefully execute maintenance of all additive manufacturing, test and post- processing equipment on time.
An important aspect of your role is of preparing, building, post-processing and quality inspection of test specimen and functional industrial parts. In the production process you will start with the preparation of job files and execute them on the MetalFAB1 systems. After printing you take care of post-processing the parts, including logistics when it is outsourced. All steps in the manufacturing process are carefully logged and results are shared with the team.
With your in-depth knowledge of the MetalFAB1 system you will support the Customer Lifecycle Support team with remote diagnosis of MetalFAB1 systems. In occasional cases, you will provide support in resolving print process related issues at our customer locations.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Operating, maintaining and supervising the MetalFAB1 systems to achieve 24/7 operation, and remote monitoring the print process
- Operating post-processing (support removal, heat treatment, cutting, milling, grinding) both with in-house equipment as well with external suppliers
- Report encountered issues and propose possible solutions
- Creating and expanding knowledge of 3D metal printing
- Preparing print jobs using job preparation software like Materialise Magics or Autodesk Netfabb
- Reporting printing and post-processing results
- Execute the laser safety officer role
- Occasionally provide support in print process related issues at end-users
- Available for consignment duty to support the printing process during evenings or weekends
The Additive Equipment Engineer reports to the Manager Process & Application Development
Knowledge and experience
MBO level-4 or HBO in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- MBO with 4-5 years’ experience or HBO with 2-3 years’
- Experience in equipment programming and working with coordinate systems
- Experience with different machining techniques
- Defining and optimizing 3D metal print jobs with Magics or Autodesk Netfabb is considered an advantage
- Proven structured and analytical way of working preferably in a mechanical workshop
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization.
We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture: